Lei logboek

Sessie logboeken.
Lei

Sunday 14 - 09 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 16-09-2008 20:07

[color=red]G[/color]rass tricking @ Flix' neighbourhood. Surprisingly, the weather was good.
the grass was still a little bit affected by the rain, so the ground was soft and our feet dirty.
Decent session, some thing need absolute improvement.

[color=red]T[/color]he [color=white](running)-aerials[/color] were fine. I did a[color=white] cartwheel_aerial[/color], which is fairly new.
I also landed a [color=white]cartwheel_btwist [/color]=D good. Though my [color=white]btwist[/color] were irregular.
I also used a hint of Tatsumaru to think about an [color=white]aerial[/color] while throwing a [color=white]running_btwist[/color], it worked! I landed it (I ussualy end up crashing those).
After some drilling I was even able to amp it up to a [color=white]hypertwist[/color]! The landingleg does require a lot of pulling strenth, so it a bit too static.

[color=red]A[/color]nother hint resulted in the[color=white] parafuso[/color]. The technique this time was to cheat a[color=white] 360 [/color]as high as possible, and snap the other leg against it. It worked well.

[color=red]M[/color]y flips werent good enough still.[color=white] Fronts [/color]and [color=white]sides[/color]. But well, 'sokay.
Le [color=white]gainers[/color] were awful, I dont dare throw myself backwards atm...... =(
There was also an attempt at something [color=white]raiz[/color]-like, but again with the semi backwardness.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 60 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Sunday 28 - 09 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 30-09-2008 22:27

[color=red]I[/color] was late, this plyosession. The bus-train connections sucked. But my late-coming left me motivated. So I joined the session with interest

[color=red]T[/color]hey were throwing [color=white]hypertwists[/color] and [color=white]aerials[/color] on the runway. I joined.
The [color=white]btwists[/color] were a bad idea over there, so I continued the[color=white] running aerials[/color]. We soon went and tried aerial-twists. I torque too soon and lose height fast. So no.. maybe later.

[color=red]A[/color]fter this I joined Rade for some[color=white] trickster-aerial [/color]practice. This soon changed to [color=white]cheat720 [/color]practice. It actually went well. I cancel out my [color=white]540kick[/color] and then kick with a [color=white]crescent-kick[/color]. This kind of makes it look like i'm attempting a[color=white] jackknife[/color], apparently. Unfortunately my actual [color=white]jackknife[/color] attempts resulted in nothin.

[color=red]N[/color]ow for the unfortunate part. I threw a [color=white]cheat720[/color] to [color=white]cartwheel [/color]to (had to think...) stepthrough to [color=white]540[/color]!
well! The move was forced, and the landing was off. So I twisted my rightleg somewhat (didnt look good) and the rightside of the knee made some snapping/ripping noises. End of tricks this session.

[color=red]T[/color]he doc said the knee needs rest. Probably a severe sprain or whatever... who knows, time will tell.
Battlewound!!
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Wednesday 24 - 12 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 28-12-2008 20:56

[color=red]A[/color]h, a long time its been since I've placed an entry. That's because I'm still wounded!

[color=red]I[/color]n fact: Just the day before, the doctors told me that I ruptured my cruciate ligament (kruisband, ye dutch ones). It seems this nifty thing stabilizes your leg and stuff. I also doesn't seem to heal, so I either make the ligaments around it stronger, or replace it by means of surgery.

[color=red]I[/color] can easily walk with it, run even. And jump, even though I shouldn't. Sometimes a certain motion does inflict a bit of a nagging feeling, or slight pain. Tricking is impossible it seems. Well.... not impossible...

cuz I did trick. Landing on my other leg!
I did a few [color=white]butterfly twists [/color]from a standing position, it seems I haven't lost that one just yet =D
I also threw a [color=white]masterswipe[/color], even though it wasn't pretty. I also tried to explain a [color=white]starfish[/color] XD. Good times.

[color=red]A[/color]fter a few throws, the btwist did appear harmful to my knee. It seems the sweep that my leg makes was too strainious (may god bestow upon this word validity). So that slight pain ended my tricking-spree for the day. And for quite some time to come, for I must heal!

Ahwell. Things happen as they do. Perhaps I'll sneak a new post in here somewhere soon.

[i]estimated time spent recovering: unknown as of yet...[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Tatsumaru
Site Admin

Friday 20 - 02 - 09

Bericht door Tatsumaru » 16-03-2009 23:12

Ik vond dat deze sessie alsnog een entry verdiende. Toch bijna 2 maanden na je vorige sessie.

Deze dag trickte lei weer: niet als van-ouds, but getting there.

- Lei's 360 faalde af en toe: dit kwam door het feit dat hij de neiging heeft heel vroeg te schoppen. Hierbij vergeet hij de maximale potentie uit z'n jump te halen, resulting in a low and somewhat uncontrolled kick, which caused him to fall once. Yes, he was also protecting his leg. Lei needs to take his basics OVER 9000.
- Lei was able to btwist just fine, from standing. Awesome.
- Lei could do a good running aerial (into the foampit). Good technique and all, it did not seem to hurt. Awesome.

Hone thy basics for the vikingfest!
[quote="Tomgh"]
I was so scared that my asshole was cut in half[/quote]

Lei

The month of May

Bericht door Lei » 23-05-2009 20:27

I managed to throw a [color=white]540[/color] again! On the injury leg
There were no pains. The move itself is a bit rusty, but I'll manage

[color=red]A[/color]lso, [color=white]running aerials[/color]! Not bad, considering the lengthy pause. Normal [color=white]aerials[/color] are easypeasy

[color=red]M[/color]y [color=white]360[/color]s still suck, I trained the jump itself, without the kick. My right-leg is clearly my leg of preference, but its unfortunate that the rotation is clockwise (unlike most of my tricks).

I tried doing [color=white]btwist[/color] with the swingleg, but noticed I was doing the swing wrong. Apparently it seems to help when you keep looking forwards while throwing the swing, as it leaves plenty of space for the U-dipping motion after wards. I was a bit too disoriented when I figured that out though :P no go

End of story.
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Friday 29 and Sunday 31 - 05 - 09

Bericht door Lei » 03-06-2009 12:04

A session on grass and a session on plyo. First time serious sessions this year, I guess, YAR.

[color=white]Aerial[/color] - Goin' strong.
[color=white]Running aerial [/color]- Needs a bit more altitude
[color=white]360 [/color]- Ive been doin some with my right leg as kicker. Definitely my good side. Photographing it is a bad idea, cuz my pose looks pretty damn lame. Anyway, I should go try white with this side, as opposed to how I usually do em.
[color=white]540 [/color]- This one caused damage to my leg this time :/ So at the plyo session I didn't do it, which turned out for the best.
[color=white]Standing Btwist [/color]- pretty good
[color=white]Set-up Btwist [/color]- Seeing how I improved the sweeping leg setup, I feel the potential of using the torque properly for the btwist. Unfortunately, I haven't quite succeeded properly. Maybe just once.
[color=white]Frontflip[/color] - Considering the fact that I haven't done any of these recently, my succeeded plyo attempts were very good. I need to regain more altitude however.
[color=white]Sideflip[/color] - Foampit only. The normal plyo floor was too scary.
[color=white]Barani [/color]- Foampit only. For shits and giggles. It was still pretty low, but the stretch was reasonable.
[color=white]Roundoff [/color]- Tried this one on grass. I need to initiate the move with my hands up, instead of to the side, because I tended to lose balance.[color=white][/color]
[color=white]Feilong[/color] - Need to learn to do this to the right as well.
[color=white]Kipup, Tornado kick[/color] - Guess I did these too.
[color=white]Masterswipe[/color] - At least one reasonably good attempt.
[color=white]Cartwheel-to-masterswipe[/color] - epic failure, its scary man.
[color=white]Roll-to-tornadokick[/color] - Worked reasonably. Theres a bit of deceleration going on.
[color=white]Inside-crescent kick -to- Low leg sweep -to- Aerial[/color] - Pretteh nice, seemed to work.
[color=white]Roll -to- Aerial[/color] - havent succeeded, very hard. But a [color=white]masterswipe-bail-to-frontroll[/color] is not gonna happen.
[i]
Quite a lot of time spent tricking.[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Cinder

Bericht door Cinder » 03-06-2009 18:14

Nice diego dat je weer hebt kunnen tricken!

- Tom
Als ik later groot ben wil ik vliegen!

Lei

Sunday 21 - 06 - 09

Bericht door Lei » 22-06-2009 00:25

Plyo session! Harald is a funny man.

[color=white]Aerial[/color] - Pretty good
[color=white]Running Aerial [/color]- pretty good too
[color=white]Hook-aerial-tornado kick[/color] - cant remember, but I did try it. Must've been remotely decent
[color=white]360 [/color]- Seems fine on plyo, I wonder about grass though
[color=white]540[/color] - Off limits
[color=white]Cheat720 (clockwise)[/color] - No chance, but considering my 540s are counter-clockwise... I might pull it off one day.
[color=white]Doubleleg (clockwise) [/color]- Knee started feeling kinda funny, cuz Its the first leg to hit the ground. I decided to not try it, even though I think I have a chance of getting this bastard.
[color=white]Setup Btwist [/color]- Might've been better if I'd have layed off the weed last night, but it was free of charge.
[color=white]Frontflip[/color] - Went pretty well. Do it on grass soon!
[color=white]Roundoff [/color]- Crap I didn't do it again.
[color=white]Feilong (clockwise)[/color] - sucked today. Balance loss.
[color=white]Backflip (spotted)[/color] - I actually did 3 of these 0_o On a great big mattress in the foam pit. And still it freaked me out.

Need more practice. The cold hard truth
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Wednesday 24 - 06 - 09

Bericht door Lei » 24-06-2009 16:51

Outdoors -- Camperduin
Solo session

Time for a quick addition to my notation: Clockwise and Counter Clockwise will now be separate categories [color=orange]CW[/color] and [color=orange]CCW[/color]. CW turns to the right and will also include tricks tossed towards my right hand side. CCW will thusly include all my left hand side tricks. Another category, [color=orange]Straight[/color], will be added for forward and backward tricks.

[color=orange]CCW[/color]: (this used to be my regular trickingside)
[color=white]360 [/color]- It was better than usual today. Maybe because I practice kicks more often.
[color=white]540 [/color]- Felt like doing it, despite the risks. It went really well. No rush.
[color=white]Tornado[/color] - Fine, just fine.
[color=white]Parafuso[/color] - I still have to lean into it to get the legs to snap together, so I land while in a bend-over position. This makes it hard to do a pop-move out of it, tho my 360 in this direction isn't good anyway.
[color=white]Aerial[/color] - Easy money. I probably should try to improve its height either way.
[color=white]Bkick (set up)[/color] - Guess its still not really good. Keep trying.
[color=white]Btwist (set up) [/color]- After a few tries, I did manage to get a few reasonably high ones. This is good.

[color=orange]CW[/color]:
[color=white]360[/color] - Goodly
[color=white]540[/color] - Not quite there. It's still hella difficult to even get the leg across (way slanted and curved)
[color=white]Tornado[/color] - Good.
[color=white]Parafuso[/color] - Too difficult.
[color=white]Bkick [/color]- Its really hard to get my hips up for some reason. Harder than I thought.
[color=white]Btwist[/color] - Fail. I could nail it if I'd get the bkick right though.

[color=orange]Straight[/color]:
[color=white]Frontflip[/color] - Bit low at first. I then used my shoes to form a line, which I had to jump over. My fronts became pretty good.
[color=white]Roundoff[/color] - After a few tries, I managed to get reasonable results. Keep trying.

Im satisfied with this session. Took about 30 minutes.
Blades and whiskey

Plaats reactie