Lei logboek

Sessie logboeken.
Lei

Wednesday 25 - 06 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 27-06-2008 09:34

[color=red]S[/color]andpit session.
Yes Tatsumaru and Furiku came to my lands, and we searched for a suitable trickingground. We searched in the dunes however, and thus did not come across something truly suitable.
So we tried the sandpit. And stayed there.

[color=red]S[/color]o what did the sandpit allow?
Not much.
The sand absorbed pretty much all jumps or landings. So [color=white]aerials, 540s [/color]and [color=white]frontflips[/color] were all pretty much impossible!

[color=red]I[/color] tried two things this session, that were reasonably doable:
[color=white]Standing btwist [/color]! With a few decent tries :o
And[color=white] cartwheel to 360[/color], for as much as the sand allowed me.

[color=red]I [/color]also tried[color=white] sideflipping [/color]of the ledge of the pit. The [color=white]sideflip x-out[/color] resulted in crashing tho

[color=red]I[/color]t was a fun session, despite the limits.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 50 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Tuesday 02 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 02-07-2008 16:30

[color=red]O[/color]utside tricking. Grass. Alkmaar.

[color=red]I[/color]t was hot this session, and the soil desperately in need of water. So yea, it shouldve been softer. But still, the tricking was okay.

[color=red]P[/color]itching a [color=white]540[/color] seemed to not work out very well today. I shouldve tried a[color=white] cheat720 [/color]gah!, i didnt. My[color=white] parafuso's [/color]however seemed to not suffer the same problem :)

[color=red]A[/color][color=white]erials[/color].. decent. [color=white]Running aerials[/color]... weird. But I did land some. [color=white]Frontflip[/color] was okay.

[color=red]M[/color]y [color=white]doubleleg[/color] attempts were pretty okay. I did not really have the sense of control, that I was feeling in the last few sessions.

[color=red]T[/color]he standing [color=white]bkicks[/color] and[color=white] btwists [/color]went pretty well, I need to get em going with a speedy setup.

[color=red]F[/color]inally: I landed a solo [color=white]backflip[/color] on grass! first attempt. The second and third attempts were fail, making me a sad panda.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 30 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Wednesday 16 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 17-07-2008 00:00

[color=red]T[/color]his session was on grass, a new location near Tatsu's lair. It was good soil, but we had to look out for thorny little plants. The weather was good too. A refreshing breeze was present.

[color=red]M[/color]y 360/540-motion tricks were not doing too well today. The [color=white]parafuso[/color] was decent, [color=white]540[/color] was below standard and the [color=white]cheat720[/color] wasn't really going anywhere today. shame
And lastly I need to pop the [color=white]feilong[/color], instead of a single leg takeoff.

[color=red]A[/color]s for the [color=white]doubleleg[/color]; it went well enough. Well enough for me to throw a [color=white]crescent single leg[/color], that is :D!

[color=red]T[/color]he [color=white]aerials[/color] were good. Even the [color=white]running aerials [/color]went smoothly, after a tip from Tatsumaru. Thumbs up!

[color=red]T[/color]he [color=white]Bkick[/color] and [color=white]Btwist[/color] attempts were the highlight of this session! They went really well :) Good altitude and everything, albeit they were from a standing take-off. I need to work on the accelerated take-off more, they throw me off-balance at the moment.

[color=red]F[/color]lips were 'kay. Though the [color=white]sideflip[/color] was bad. And I did not dare do a solo [color=white]backflip[/color] today. So that leaves the [color=white]frontflip[/color] hehe

[color=red]T[/color]he [color=white]cartwheel-frontflip[/color] was NOT an option! HAH

YOSH

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 65 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Friday 18 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 21-07-2008 14:44

[color=red]P[/color]lyo teh Bloemendaal teh aight? Aye, lad.
A session without great progress. In fact, it just didn't go well. Perhaps because of the fact that I was still a little sore from the last session. Or perhaps because I don't do much training besides tricking. Perhaps I really should have had a proper warm-up. Perhaps there was an interference in outer space, blocking the rays of life from my personal satellite!
I'm not sure

[color=red]M[/color]y [color=white]540s[/color] were way low. I dont get why?! They feel the same =(
And so I wasn't motivated to continue similar tricks.

[color=red]A[/color][color=white]erials[/color], be they running or not, went well enough today. I tried a few with a [color=white]btwist-setup[/color]. It actually worked ^^ so perhaps that'll become useful for combo's.

[color=red]T[/color]he[color=white] doublelegs [/color]were okay, but I kind of lacked control. For some reason they looked acceptable on tape haha. My [color=white]frontflips[/color] were the same as always. And I needed the [color=white]frontflip[/color] today..

[color=red]B[/color]ecause Chris made me drill the [color=white]cartwheel-frontflip[/color]. And I actually did make some progress! You see, I was afraid to do ANYthing out of a cartwheel before, and now I progressed to actually diving out of a cartwheel. A subtle improvement, but not quite there yet.

[color=red]T[/color]he [color=white]btwist[/color] were doing quite well today. I tried to link it with a [color=white]feilong[/color], but was unable to realize the concept.

Subpar tricking. But so be it.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 90 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Tuesday 22 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 23-07-2008 13:01

[color=red]A[/color]gain on grass, near Tatsumaru Keep.
Unlike the prior session, this one went really well! If I could only figure out how that is possible...
The grass was pretty damn great anyway. A little crude here and there, but supporting.

[color=red]M[/color]y [color=white]aerials[/color] started out to be decent, but as the session progressed, I was able to increase their efficiency. Especially the [color=white]running ones[/color], because of a sudden increase in height.
I've combo-ed it with a [color=white]540[/color]. I also tried the [color=white]axe-to-aerial[/color], but failed. The height was there, but the rotationspeed was too low.
I also tried to do one out of a normal roll, but that would require me to roll over my bad (roll-)shoulder.

I did manage to do a [color=white]540-esque move [/color]out of my[color=white] regular roll[/color], which (in time) could turn out cool.

[color=red]M[/color]y [color=white]bkicks[/color] and[color=white] twists [/color]were doing quite well too, even [color=white]running[/color] (still needs more practice tho)! I still haven't really managed to perform a [color=white]feilong-btwist[/color], but I have thrown stuff out of a btwist. Like a 540. The attempt I made on a [color=white]btwist-hook-aerial [/color]was respectable also.

[color=red]M[/color]y[color=white] cheat720 [/color]practice held a surprise for me! I managed to stay upright during the spin o_0. I dont know why, or how. It did affect my kick in a negative way, but still.. this is more important right now. I hope to keep it this way!

Even though my [color=white]sideflips[/color], jumping off one leg, were bad. My [color=white]frontflip[/color] was doing ok. Not ok enough to link to a next move though ^^

[color=red]I[/color] tried some [color=white]masterswipes[/color], to prepare for a [color=white]cartwheel-masterswipe[/color], and they werent up to speed. In the end the combo proved too scary =)
Some[color=white] spotted backflips [/color]were in order too. Too bad doing it solo has regained some of its scaryness.

Congratz to Tatsu for landing le Cork on grass!

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 60 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Thursday 24 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 25-07-2008 14:40

[color=red]A [/color]session in my homeland.
We made use of the absence of my neighbours. They possess quite a large field of grass. And man... the grass was godly! So soft and bouncy. It was truly epic just standing on it. o_0

[color=red]A[/color]t first, the session didn't seem special. It was very hot this time, and tricking was quite a strain on the body.
My first moves were reasonable. Like (running) [color=white]aerials, 540s, standing bkicks/btwists, doublelegs, frontflips, sideflips[/color].

I threw combo's like[color=white] tornadokick_540, Btwist_scoot_360 [/color](if one could call it that... my scoot has issues), [color=white]540_hook_aerial[/color]

I failed moves like[color=white] roll_540 [/color](no i landed just one), [color=white]aerial_(trickster-setup)btwist[/color].. kinda, [color=white]cheat720[/color].. too bad, the progress of the last session was not present this time. My kick was fierce and high, but my body tilted and unstable. I also still fail at running butterfly moves.. I need control! Again with the loss of stability!

[color=red]A[/color]fter a while.. some strange things happened. We started experimenting...

I thusly landed a few [color=white]btwists[/color] ... that were my [b]wrong side[/b]. i.e; to the right instead of to the left.
I did a few [color=white][b]solo[/b] backflips[/color].
I learned to throw a slanted [color=white]reverse-[b]gainer[/b][/color].

Its safe to say this was a very good session! I hope to continue throwing backflips.. during solo sessions also.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 60 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Friday 25 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 25-07-2008 18:34

Solo-session. Because its damn hot, and I was bored. Also, I just had to try
[color=red]I[/color] used the field nextdoor again.

[color=red]G[/color]oal: To see whether I still had the ability to throw what I threw in the last session.
[color=red]R[/color]esult: failure.
[color=red]W[/color]hy?: No [color=white]backflip[/color] :( I tried, but I just didn't have the feel for it, because I usually do it with a spotter first. There was no spotter today. It makes me sad, for now...

BUT it was a pretty good session nonetheless!

[color=red]M[/color]y [color=white]frontflips[/color] and [color=white]sideflips[/color] felt really solid today.
I even tried[color=white] frontflip_540_hook_..[/color]then I crashed. And there was a small delay between landing the flip and the 540.
All other tricks I tried remained decent, and were similar to my prior session.

[color=red]T[/color]he [color=white](slanted) rev-gainers[/color] were still present too! So it's safe to say that one is part of my repertoire now.

[color=red]J[/color]udging from the way my body feels now (wrecked) .. I might want to think less bad of not throwing a backflip.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 45 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Monday 28 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 30-07-2008 11:36

[color=red]O[/color]n grass. Near Tatsu's Manor.
It was hella hot, and the air was dry. So exhaustment was soon attained.

[color=red]I[/color] continued throwing my same old repertiore. With no real gain. And no real loss either.
It wasn't really an [color=white]aerial[/color] day. Neither was it a [color=white]backflip[/color] day..... at all.. even spotted o_0.
Normally when I do a [color=white]backflip[/color], Ive already accepted the feeling of throwing myself up (as if reaching for the sky... or throwing myself upon a gust of wind). This acceptance allows me to actually do it, and the flip itself follows naturally. However, after my last session... in which nothing really happend :/ , I seem to have lost this acceptance a bit. At least during this session. So [color=white]no backflip [/color]for me. Ive got to watch out for this, I seem to have rushed it (seeing how I already did some solo ones).

[color=red]M[/color]y motivation to throw combo's was pretty good this session though.
I tried the[color=white] tornado_540, bkick_btwist [/color](fail), [color=white]frontflip_540 [/color](fail), [color=white]running aerial_540, 540_gainer [/color](with a small hop in between), [color=white]540_btwist [/color](fail)

[color=red]A[/color]lso, my [color=white]sideswipe[/color] attempts really improved my 540-height. But it screwed with my [color=white]parafuso[/color] tech, which may not be a bad thing.
I still need to work on the [color=white]scoot_360[/color]. Even though they went better this session. Tatsumaru found a way to do the [color=white]pop720[/color] in a relaxed way. I may need to check that out as well.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 90 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Wednesday 30 - 07 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 01-08-2008 13:35

[color=red]A [/color]small grass session in my own lands.
The[color=orange] chinaman [/color]was present!!

[color=red]I[/color]t was hot, and my body was still quite broken from monday. Thats why it didn't take long for my lower right leg (landing leg) to start complaining real bad, real soon. This made it hard to trick this time. No backflips either, cuz of the same reason as last session. Ill just need some more time for that one..

I won at rock paper siccors with Marco on camera, so thats good.

[color=red]A[/color]side from my standard tricks. We did do something new:
Its a [color=white]semi-backhandspring-esque move [/color]out of a crouching position. Its pretty fun to do, im going to want to link that to stuff.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 45 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Lei

Thursday 19 - 08 - 08

Bericht door Lei » 20-08-2008 20:17

[color=red]A[/color]fter a brainstorm session at Flix' place, the entire Astrum-team suddenly decided to go trick.
The grass was still a bit wet, because of the rainy weather, but tricking went really well.

[color=red]T[/color]he basics went fairly well except for [color=white]frontflips[/color] (the landing is too low) and [color=white]sideflips[/color] (no landing at all), the [color=white]btwist[/color] (lousy or no landing) and the gainer (the grass was too wet and scary).

[color=red]T[/color]he thing that made today special was the combo-streak.
I tried the following:
[color=white]jump-kick _ aerial _ 540 _ cartwheel _ btwist[/color].

[color=red]I [/color]failed to land the final[color=white] btwist [/color]properly, but this combo should become doable later on. I did land the [color=white]tornado-kick_cartwheel_btwist [/color]once or twice.

[color=red]I [/color]also tried the[color=white] hook_540 [/color]which kind of became a [color=white]hook_sidswipe[/color]. Chris made me do this while landing on my non-kicking leg to create a [color=white]hook_raiz[/color], but I still dont believe im close to this.

[i]estimated time spent tricking: about 50 minutes[/i]
Blades and whiskey

Plaats reactie